Project activities dates: start in October 2019, with the duration of 9-12 months
Application deadline: 15th September 2019
Venue: Koper, Slovenia
Organization: ŠENT – Slovenian association for mental health
Field of volunteering: Mental health
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
ŠENT – Slovenian Association for Mental Health-is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian organisation established to aid individuals with mental health issues, those in temporary mental distress, as well as their relatives and anyone else interested in mental health. Their programmes and activities include:
– psychosocial rehabilitation of people with mental health problems,
– improvement of their social situation,
– creating opportunities for independent and quality living.
The volunteer will be active in the local unit – Day centre Koper. The program of the Day centre is carried out in the form of group and individual activities. Its goal is the psychosocial rehabilitation for the quickest possible integration back into the every-day life.
Highly motivated young people with interest in working with people with mental health problems. Preferibely with priority skills: open communication and empathy, team and group work, humaniatrian themes, with different hoobies (sport, handcraft, music, etc.).
SOME POSSIBLE TASKS:
– socializing with users
– working in small groups, leading a small group
– running different free-time, creative, educational workshops
– assisting in daily activities of the day centre
Working days will be from Monday to Friday, for around 6 hours per day. Evenings and weekends will be free. The volunteers will have an opportunity to take some working days off. In the period of 4 working weeks, there are 2 free days available. There will also be organised free-time activities, online language courses and other educational activities, which will not be obligatory to attend. The first weeks will consist of an induction, and allow for time to get to know each other, as well as the working areas and the culture of Slovenia. We will use the final part of the voluntary working period to write the volunteer’s final report and to finalise the Youthpass (the mentors will have an active supporting role).
Each volunteer will:
– receive monthly pocket money to the amount of 4 EUR per day and an additional 5,5 EUR per day for food expenses;
– be registered for the ESC insurance scheme CIGNA;
– receive a contribution to the travel costs (the amount will be calculated based on the travel distance of the volunteer);
– receive a task related mentor;
– receive an opportunity to develop a personal project;
– be offered a chance to take an online language course.
The volunteers will live in a flat in the city center of Koper or in a residential area nearby, sharing a room with another volunteer.
WHO CAN APPLY:
The call is open to young people aged 18-30 from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland or Turkey.
To apply, fill in the online application form, with attached your CV (name the file: name_surname_CV).
Deadline for application is 15th September 2019.
If you have a question, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.